Fix all issues with HP mini laptop and computer, call iYogi @ 1-877-803-2138

Advertisement

http://www.myhpmini.com/
  Get comprehensive support to enhance the performance of your HP mini laptop and computer. Call now!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: BIOS password

BIOS password

Get one-on-one consultation with a tech expert now!

Available 365 days, 24/7

Anytime, anywhere

Unlimited support

Professional tech engineers

Call at 1-877-803-2138

I have a brand new password on my BIOS which I can't rememeber... In fact, I never put BIOS passwords on my machines nor can remember when I put this one on my mini... (am I getting old?)

Anyway, I appreciate any idea to get rid of it.
    Saludos

Re: BIOS password

Very Informative
    Thanks!

Hello! I am the new owner of an HP MINI 1035NR. I bought it from Circuit City during their liquidation for super cheap. The only problem is that it was a display model and someone (they said a customer) put a BIOS password on it.

I have read every guide I can find (including the one above) and have tried hardware and software solutions with no success. I found an online manual for this unit and it instructs me to remove the CMOS battery. I have since removed it four times (one time letting it sit without the battery or power over night) and the password remains (although the clock has reset).

If anyone has any idea on what else I can try I'd appreciate your input.

Quote Originally Posted by astashenko
    have read every guide I can find (including the one above) and have tried hardware and software solutions with no success. I found an online manual for this unit and it instructs me to remove the CMOS battery. I have since removed it four times (one time letting it sit without the battery or power over night) and the password remains (although the clock has reset).
    thats strange, the CMOS battery should do the trick.

Have you tried re-flashing the BIOS using the latest version from HP's site? I have not tried this myself to erase a password, so this is just a suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by kokketiel
    Have you tried re-flashing the BIOS using the latest version from HP's site? I have not tried this myself to erase a password, so this is just a suggestion
    Thank you very much for suggestion. I have not tried this, but it looks like the flash update on HP's site requires me to already be in Windows to run it. Is this correct? If I am wrong or if anyone knows of a way to flash the BIOS some other way, please let me know. I will try pretty much anything at this point and let you guys know what happens.

Ok - didn't realize that it was a boot password and not a settings change password. I guess your best bet would be to contact HP and ask them what your options are. If you do find a solution, please post it here.

Good luck!

Update:

I contacted HP and they told me they could repair it for $298, which I refused since I could almost buy a brand new unit for that much. I found a website that claims it can generate passwords for laptops based on the error message for $80. They could not do it for my model and I was refunded the money.

I have exhausted every avenue I can find. Do I just have a fancy paperweight now?

out of curiosity, what is the default Bios Password ? SpacePluk can you tell us since you seem to be the one that didn't put one on there??
    Hp Mini 1010 -==> 2 gigs 8 flash 8 SDHC
    Linux Distro's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast