I called HP and the fix was rather simple but has me wondering if I have a faulty product. They had me disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then I plugged it in to the Av cord and turned it on. This made the device start working again. She explained that there could be a connection that stores a charge that can just eliminate the recognition of the touch pad till its gone. This has me just a little worried. I just wanted to post this in case someone else encountered this odd problem.