I thought I will contribute to the community with all the helps I am getting.
Disclaimer: use at your own risk, done blame me if things got screwed up. I tested this to be working on my Mini110 osx installation.
This is a simple bash script to remove kext files automatically from your OSX. I know there might be better method to this but with my limited knowledge in shell script, this is what I could salvage from googling around.
There are 2 files involved.
- this is the script file which will read another file, kext.txt. It will read the file line by line and delete the related kext files/folder from the exact path of your kext files. All kext files are stored in /System/Library/Extensions/.
- this is the file with all the kext you want to be removed. Look at the example file I have included. Remove or add to your preference.
NOTE: before attempting this, you should have enabled your root user. If you have not done so, please google for guide on how to do this. Lots of tutorials out there for this. You can also use sudo command if you prefer that. Sudo run the "do-kext.sh" file.
How to use:
- put the files into the same folder. Eg, /Users/admin
- open terminal
- type : "cd /Users/admin" (without quotes, assuming this is where you put the scripts)
- type : "chmod 777 do-kext.sh" (without quotes...from now on you will understand without quotes)
- type : "su -" (you will be prompted with root password)
- type : "./do-kext.sh" (will start the script and run the removal, you should be seeing the kext being deleted as I added in verbose mode)
Once done, the kext files should be removed.
Hope it works for you.[attachment=0:25rfmccb]script.zip[/attachment:25rfmccb]